Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Explaining my recent paintings.

As shown in my paintings,I have been doing lots of watercolours and have been using some old photos as a resource.As shown in the boat scenes I experimented with repositioning the boats,I changed the format and also altered the scene to remove the car and include a couple of people.I enjoyed the challenge of using the same scene but creating different paintings.
I also experimented with a new style in acrylics too and tried a more abstract approach in the landscape scenes.This was fun.
Next I tried to be very creative and used inks to paint some very abstract paintings.Totally different!
I attended a workshop on abstraction a few weeks ago but have not really worked out going from realism to abstraction,so I intend to spend a lot of time in the next few weeks working on this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment